Monday, May 30, 2011

Chinese Vegetarian Bak Chang (粽子, Chung, Glutinous rice wrapped in Bamboo Leaves)


My neighbour gave me the above Vegetarian Bak Chang (粽子, Chung, Glutinous rice wrapped in Bamboo Leaves) that Buddhist Tzu Zhi  Association sells for charity. This is the first time I ate vegetarian bak chang. Actually it tastes quite good, minus to oil from pork lard. LOL!

These are the ingredients that are used to make vegetarian bak chang.
Organic unpolished glutinous rice
Vegetarian mock pork meat
Beans
Chestnut
Chinese dried mushroom
Five spice powder
Dark soya sauce
Salt and sugar

All these are wrapped in bamboo leaves and boiled for more than an hour until the glutinous rice softhen. Best eaten when still warm.

8 comments:

Swathi said...

Veggie version of this rice looks delicious.

Treat and Trick said...

Never tasted bak chang before but it looks yummy!

Little Corner of Mine said...

I miss the savory chang! The one I bought here was the sweet dumplings, totally cannot satisfied my craving. But I am too lazy to make bak chang. :(

Get Skinny, Go Vegan. said...

YUM!! Don't miss the oil that comes with it when ya eat out either!

Yummy Bakes said...

a lot of 料... looks very good.

Caca said...

I use 小小米 to replace glutinous rice for my mother in law.

Simplyfood said...

Love and delicious parcel.

Anonymous said...

都市单身交友网 , 深夜聊天室 , 同城床友交友网 , 找我聊天频道 , m视频吧聊天交友网 , 社交聊天网 , 58同城交友约炮 , 台湾辣妹 , 色女的qq成人聊天室裸聊 , 美女性感聊天室网站